Easily send audio from your iOS device to your Mac using USB; Music IO lets you integrate Inter-App Audio compatible iOS synthesizers with a traditional desktop DAW system. MIDI is built in to Music IO too; everything you need, all in once place. It's simple, reliable, and near-zero latency.
Music IO is a joint effort by three of the most respected iOS music app development teams. Confusion Studios makes MIDI Designer Pro, the most innovative MIDI controller platform for iOS. MIDI Designer is adored by users, loved by Music Industry press, and trusted on stages and in studios around the World. Audeonic Apps makes the pioneering MidiBridge app, an essential tool for routing and filtering MIDI messages on iOS; they also provide the MidiBus software library, which powers dozens of successful music apps (including Music IO). The Secret Base Design team has built a range of pioneering apps providing high-speed MIDI and audio connections over Bluetooth LE and WiFi, as well as unique signal processing apps.
The three teams have joined forces to build the only fully integrated USB audio and MIDI solution that doesn't require additional hardware. It's been in development for months, from developers with decades of experience. Music IO lets your iOS device become an integral part of a modern professional music production system.
• Low latency audio from iOS to Mac, with crystal-clear 32-bit resolution. Native support for IAA allows for the best possible audio quality, and seamless integration with iOS synthesizers and effects apps
• Send & Receive MIDI between any CoreMIDI apps over USB (Lightning or 30 pin) with no perceptible latency nor jitter
• Large sysex messages (eg. bulk dumps) handled seamlessly
• Choose "send to" ports (OSX and iOS)
• Choose "receive from" (OSX): route MIDI from anywhere to your iOS device
• BridgeClock, a ground-breaking inter-device MIDI-clock-synchronization technology, provides jitter-free sync between platforms
• Runs on iOS 7 or better (10.7+ on OSX)
Download the free, companion app from the Mac App Store (musicIOapp.com/mac) and get connected in no time.
Show your support by downloading Music IO for iOS now at this low introductory price. Early adopters will benefit from these future features at no additional cost:
• Multiple channels of audio over USB
• Comprehensive MIDI device interchange between devices, allow routing to and from specific iOS apps
• Support for multiple iOS devices per Mac with the ability to route between them
• Clocking from Mac
Please let us know what you think and how you're using Music IO! feedback [at] musicIOapp.com